Based in Utrecht, the Netherlands
21 May 2015
Interloper is an online multiplayer real-time strategy game with matches that take only 5 minutes. Instead of destroying your opponent, you win by claiming domain. By predicting your opponent's movements, you corner them to claim the entire map.
Interloper distills RTS mechanics to their essence, bringing a focused, stripped down, fast-paced, and accessible strategy experience.
Interloper is the spiritual successor of Aril, a game that started out as a small hobby project by a group of people who met each other at a jam. Since then, Interloper has gone through no less than 5 different art styles, 2 full fledged code bases, and many design changes, polishing the game to a perfect shine.Our Goal
With Interloper, we aim to make the RTS genre accessible, while still offering a challenging, interesting strategy experience. A lot of people (especially those with kids or demanding jobs) said to us that they don’t play RTS games anymore because they take so much time. We want to target people that enjoy strategy games, but don’t necessarily want hours of tutorials, or loads of numbers and attacks or other stuff on the screen. One thing we are proud of is that we managed to make Interloper fast-paced and easy to learn, without dumbing down the game. We feel Interloper could really stand out because it represents such a hardcore game genre (RTS) in an accessible and unique way.
- Fast-paced strategy that’s easy to learn, hard to master.
- Short, intense matches taking no longer than 5 minutes.
- Compete in online multiplayer, or against AI of various difficulties.
- Extensive singleplayer content revealing the depth of the game.
- View replays of other player’s matches and upload your own.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Independent Games Festival Student Showcase Winner" San Francisco, 2015
- "Casual Connect Indie Prize nominee" Amsterdam, 2015
- "Indie MEGABOOTH PAX East Selection" Boston, 2015
- "FILE Games Festival Official Exhibition" São Paulo, 2015
- "Dutch Game Awards Best Entertainment Game Design Finalist" Utrecht, 2015
- "Looks Fantastic, Plays Fantastic."
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Interloper is an RTS on speed. A micro-sized distillation of the genre, its matches are meant to last about five minutes."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "Anything can catch my eye while browsing for new games. A gorgeous art style, my preferred theme of sci-fi, genres rarer in indie circles, the list of things that take my fancy is as numerous as it is seemingly random. Sometimes a game will hit all of these, like Interloper."
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Interloper might be the RTS to help people cross over that gap, from complexity to simplicity."
- Elyas Gorogo-Baker, Kill Screen
- "Interloper creates a pretty smooth, very approachable style of play that’s complex enough for those with a taste for real-time strategy, but with difficulty levels that even the less-inclined can get the hang of it."
- Chaz Miller, Twinfinite
- "[I] had a real blast with Interloper. And I can tell you this much. It looks great, it feels great and it´s rather addictive as well."
- Robin Ek, The Gaming Ground
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Monogon Games allows for the contents of Interloper to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Interloper is legally & explicitly allowed by Monogon Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.monogongames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=interloper.
About Monogon Games
Monogon is a game studio based in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Founded in late 2012, we're currently working on our first game Interloper, an intense real-time strategy game with matches that only take 5 minutes. We aim to make robust games: we take apart a genre, pick our favorite bits, and polish them to a perfect shine.
Monogon Games consists of designer Simon, developer Maxim, and Eline, who does pr/marketing/production. Besides that, we have a bunch of people helping us out with art, music, sound, and video. Our office is in the wonderful Dutch Game Garden, the heart of the Dutch indie scene, where we share our knowledge and experience with other indie developers.
More information on Monogon Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programmer, Monogon Games
Game Designer and Programmer, Monogon Games
Yme de Jong
Sound Design, Freelancer
PR, Marketing, Production, Monogon Games
Ingmar uit de Bos
Gilles van Leeuwen
Rik Nieuwdorp (Claynote)
Music & Adaptive Audio, Freelancer
Additional Promotional Art